Welcome to the website of the church of St Lawrence in Nettleden, a very old church with a building dating back to 1470.
The church is part of the Berkhamsted ministry and shares the vicar with the churches in Great Gaddesden and Little Gaddesden. Services are held every Sunday.
The church tower holds three bells, the oldest dating from 1470 when the building was completed. It is a tenor bell weighing 7cwt cast by Thomas Harrys of London, the same foundry as produced the striking bell at Hampton Court.
The middle bell was recast in 1636 from the foundry of Richard Chandler in Drayton Parslow. Bells from this foundry are rare indeed. The third bell was recast by George Chandler, grandson of Richard of Drayton Parslow. It dates from 1714 and carries a dedication to St Lawrence.